COVID-19 Update August 1
- Total: 283 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 104 Salem residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: No new cases, 17 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- No new infections in Salem today.
- NH DHHS reports 35 new cases today, the count of total cases is only 30 more than yesterday.
- The positivity rate is still less than 3%.
- One more community, Windham, now has a total of 50 total confirmed cases. This is the 22nd community, and the second in two days, to reach that landmark.
- All of the 22 communities still have at least one new confirmed case today
- The number of active cases has moved back to over 400, for the third time in five days.
- The total number of NH residents who have been hospitalized is up by 2 to 293, but the number of NH residents currently hospitalized has gone up by 4, possibly indicating two people who were hospitalized, discharged, and have returned with worsening symptoms.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 35
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 30
- Children under 18 in new cases: 4
- Total positive cases in NH: 6,613
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 2.58%
- Active cases: 403
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 6.1%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 7
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,629
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 81%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,161
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,050
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,131
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 154,349
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 110
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 26,920
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 113
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 22
- Total Recovered: 5,794
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 87.6%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 2
- Current: 22 (was 18 yesterday)
- Total Hospitalized: 695
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 10.51%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 3.2%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 1
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 1
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 416
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.3%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
“Rabbit!” It’s an old English tradition that was passed down by my Grandad. One is supposed to say “Rabbit” first thing in the morning, before saying anything else. The first person to say it will have good luck for the month. Today, my cousin remembered before I did, but I remembered before an old high school friend. Does that mean I’ll have some good luck? That would be welcomed. At this point, I’m just looking for a day with no new cases in NH. I’m wishing you, and all of us, a good month. So please, stay safe, and always, be kind.
- If you are having trouble paying your rent or mortgage because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- Info about COVID-19 testing is compiled in one place on my website.
- Complications of COVID-19 Survivors of all ages can be found on my website.
- Help for Salem residents is on my website.
- A list of COVID-19 Resources can be found on my website.
- An update of nearby communities can be found here.
- Institutional Outbreaks as of June 18 on my website.
- Resources from NH DHHS are on the State’s website.
- Guidance documents from the State are on the State’s website.
- COVID-19 is not the flu. Details on my website.
- The Science Behind Masks. Details on my website.
- Unemployment in the COVID era. Details on my website.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: