COVID-19 Update August 2

  • Total: 282 confirmed cases
  • 1 out of every 105 Salem residents has been infected.
  • Salem Today: MINUS 1 case, 15 active cases. 

 

• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •

  • Based on the numbers provided by NH DHHS, the count for Salem residents has gone down by one. This is the second time in four days that our cumulative total has gone down.
  • NH DHHS reports 21 new cases today, with a positivity rate of 1.27%.
  • The number of active cases has moved back to less than 400, for the third time in five days.
  • 9 of the 22 communities that have had 50 or more confirmed cases now have less than five active cases. None have gone down to zero cases.
  • 266 of the 397 active cases are in the 16 communities which have more than 5 active cases: Manchester (90), Nashua (48), Derry (19), Salem (15), Bedford (12), Londonderry (12), Portsmouth (12), Merrimack (9), Hudson (8), Dover (7), New Boston (7), Keene (6), Plaistow (6), Brentwood (5), Concord (5), and Hooksett (5).
  • Manchester has 22.7% of the active cases. Hillsborough County, including Manchester and Nashua, has 51.4% of all active cases, while Rockingham County has 25.9%. Together they total 77.3% of all active infections.
  • Manchester has had 27% of all confirmed cases. Hillsborough County has had 56.8% of all active cases, while Rockingham County has 24.6%. Together they total 81.4% of all confirmed infections.
  • Current hospitalization rates have crept up. Two days ago, the count was 18. Yesterday it was 22. Today it is back up to 24, the highest it’s been since July 25th. This is one of the criteria watched by the State to track our progress.
  • I’ve added a chart that shows how our numbers have changed over time.

• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •

  • New positive cases per DHHS: 21
  • My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 21
  • Children under 18 in new cases: 2
  • Total positive cases in NH: 6,634
  • Percentage of tests that are positive: 1.27%
  • Active cases: 397
  • Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 6.0%
  • New cases in Rockingham County: 4
  • Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,632
  • Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 81%
  • Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,660
  • The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,069
  • New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,639
  • Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 155,988

 

• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •

  • New antibody tests: 163
  • Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 27251
  • The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 118
  • Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1

 

• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •

  • Announced today: 26
  • Total Recovered: 5,820
  • Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 87.7%

 

• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •

  • New: 1
  • Current: 24
  • Total Hospitalized: 696
  • Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 10.49%
  • Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 3.4%

 

• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •

  • Lives lost today: 1
  • Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 1
  • Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
  • Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 417
  • NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.3%
  • Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0

These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.

 

New COVID-19 cases are rising across the country. It baffles me as to how we have been able to keep our numbers so low. Do we feel optimistic, based on what we’ve been able to do so far? Or do we worry about our numbers matching the trend of the rest of the country? I’d like to feel optimistic, but I also like to be realistic. What I do know is that if we aren’t careful, we will go backward. So please, stay safe, and always, be kind.

~Bonnie

 

Useful links

  • If you are having trouble paying your rent or mortgage because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
  • Info about COVID-19 testing is compiled in one place on my website.
  • Complications of COVID-19 Survivors of all ages can be found on my website.
  • Help for Salem residents is on my website.
  • A list of COVID-19 Resources can be found on my website.
  • An update of nearby communities can be found here.
  • Institutional Outbreaks as of June 18 on my website.
  • Resources from NH DHHS are on the State’s website.
  • Guidance documents from the State are on the State’s website.
  • COVID-19 is not the flu. Details on my website.
  • The Science Behind Masks. Details on my website.
  • Unemployment in the COVID era. Details on my website.

https://bonnie4salem.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/07August 2-calendar.jpg

Click on the calendar to enlarge

 

 


How our numbers have changed over time

 

 

 


RESOURCES:

My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/

Salem specific info can be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/

The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.


Sources used to create this report: