COVID-19 Update August 3
- Total: 283 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 104 Salem residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 1 case, 15 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT • • • • • •
- Salem has one more new case today.
- NH DHHS reports 26 new cases today.
- In the past week, we have averaged 33.9 new cases per day. In the past two weeks, that daily average has been 31.71. Since July 6, the average has been 28.03 new cases per day.
- The positivity rate today was 1.17%.
- In the past week, we have averaged a positivity rate of 2.61%. The two-week average is 2.43%, and the daily average since July 6 is 2.19%.
- Based on the numbers reported on a Boston report, Massachusetts’ rate today is 4.69%. That’s almost double the rate from most previous days.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 26
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 26
- Children under 18 in new cases: 4
- Total positive cases in NH: 6,660
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 1.17%
- Active cases: 395
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 5.9%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 10
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,642
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 81%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 2,214
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,250
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 2,188
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 158,176
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 63
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 27,314
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 122
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 28
- Total Recovered: 5,848
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 87.8%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 1
- Current: 23
- Total Hospitalized: 697
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 10.47%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 3.3%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 1
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 1
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 417
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.3%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
I’m more tired tonight than usual, so instead of trying to find something clever to write, I’ll simply ask you to stay safe, and always, be kind.
- If you are having trouble paying your rent or mortgage because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- Info about COVID-19 testing is compiled in one place on my website.
- Complications of COVID-19 Survivors of all ages can be found on my website.
- Help for Salem residents is on my website.
- A list of COVID-19 Resources can be found on my website.
- An update of nearby communities can be found here.
- Institutional Outbreaks as of June 18 on my website.
- Resources from NH DHHS are on the State’s website.
- Guidance documents from the State are on the State’s website.
- COVID-19 is not the flu. Details on my website.
- The Science Behind Masks. Details on my website.
- Unemployment in the COVID era. Details on my website.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
How our numbers have changed over time
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: