COVID-19 Update August 30
- Total: 302 confirmed cases in Salem
- 1 out of every 98 Salem residents has been infected
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 12 active cases
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT • • • • • •
- For the third day in a row, Salem did not have anyone who tested positive today.
- NH DHHS has reported 9 new cases today, with a cumulative total of 8 new cases.
- 5 of the new cases today were children under 18. For the past week, we have averaged 3 children per day. The average over the past two weeks is 2.29%. The daily average since July 6 is 2.71.
- Today, the positivity rate is 0.41%.
- 29 more people in NH were reported today as “recovered” from COVID-19.
- Manchester still has 16 active cases. Brentwood now has 13 active cases. Salem, with 12 active cases, is 3rd.
- The Town of Durham, home of UNH, is the 24th NH community to have 50 confirmed case.
- Yesterday we had a record low of the number of patients hospitalized with COVID-19. Today, we broke that record, with just 6 patients.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 9
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 8
- Children under 18 in new cases: 5
- Total positive cases in NH: 7,254
- Percentage of today’s tests that are positive: 0.41%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,955
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,581
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,947
- Total negative cases in NH: 202,041
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,805
- New cases in Rockingham County: 3
- Rockingham County: New cases per 100K residents: 1.0
- Rockingham County 1-week average per 100K residents: 2.1
- Percent of all cases from Rockingham County: 24.9%
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 80%
- Active cases in NH: 222
- Active cases in Rockingham County: 78
- Percent of NH’s active cases that are in Rockingham County: 35.1%
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 61
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 29,702
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 67
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 29
- Total Recovered: 6,600
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 91.0%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 0
- Current: 0
- Total Hospitalized: 714
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 9.84%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 0
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 432
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 5.96%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
I was asked to provide info about the cases in Rockingham County, and specifically, about cases per 100,000 people. I have compiled some historical data about Rockingham County, which can be found on my website. I have also added a few statistics from Rockingham County to my daily update. I hope this is helpful.
Stay safe, and always, be kind.
How our numbers have changed over time
- Rent or mortgage assistance because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- COVID-19 testing: https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-testing/
- Complications of COVID-19: https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-consequences/
- COVID-19 is not the flu. Here are the numbers: https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-pneumonia-flu/
- The Science Behind Masks: https://bonnie4salem.us/science-behind-masks/
- Unemployment resources: https://bonnie4salem.us/unemployed/
- Resources for Salem residents: https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
- Safer at Home guidance documents on the State’s website.
- Other COVID resources from NH DHHS on the State’s website.
- Other COVID resources: https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Sources used to create this report: