COVID-19 Update July 27
- Total: 281 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 105 Salem residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 20 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- Today, there were only seven new infections reported in the entire State of New Hampshire!
- With so few new cases, it’s no surprise that there were no new infections in Salem.
- Results were returned for over 1500 … far short of the 2,000 goal, but the positivity rate is 0.33%.
- Another 187 people were reported as “recovered,” bringing the number of active cases down to 6.3%.
- Goffstown, which had the most active cases, is now down to less than 5 active cases. The communities with the most active cases are now: Manchester (81), Nashua (50), Derry (23), Salem (20), Bedford (14), Merrimack (14), and Londonderry (12). The following communities have between five and 10 active cases: Concord (8), Durham (7), Hudson (7), Somersworth (6), Dover (6), Plaistow (6), Conway (5), Hooksett (5), New Boston (5), Amherst (5). That’s 17 communities in the whole State with more than 5 cases. All others have four or fewer cases.
- There are still 20 NH patients who are hospitalized with COVID-19.
- Globally, the number of new cases has again gone up to over ¼ million cases, and is higher than the daily average over the last two weeks.
- In the US, the number of new cases reported today by Worldometer, is statistically the same as the two-week average.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 7
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 5
- Children under 18 in new cases: 1
- Total positive cases in NH: 6,441
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 0.33%
- Active cases: 407
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 6.3%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 0
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,581; (was 1,582 yesterday)
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 82%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,532
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,372
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,527
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 148,700
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 33
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 26,461
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 137
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 187
- Total Recovered: 5,625
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 87.3%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 1
- Current: 20
- Total Hospitalized: 689
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 10.7%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 2.9%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 0
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 409
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.3%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
- If you are having trouble paying your rent or mortgage because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- Info about COVID-19 testing is compiled in one place on my website.
- Complications of COVID-19 Survivors of all ages can be found on my website.
- Help for Salem residents is on my website.
- A list of COVID-19 Resources can be found on my website.
- An update of nearby communities can be found here.
- Institutional Outbreaks as of June 18 on my website.
- Resources from NH DHHS are on the State’s website.
- Guidance documents from the State are on the State’s website.
- COVID-19 is not the flu. Details on my website.
- The Science Behind Masks. Details on my website.
With NH’s numbers so low, it’s easy to feel safe. However, numbers are skyrocketing in other states. Florida had more new cases today than we have had since the beginning. Hopefully, we can keep NH’s counts low, but it will be work and will require cooperation. I have faith that we can do it. Stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: