COVID-19 Update June 28
- Salem Total: 268 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 110 residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 42 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- Another day without any new cases in Salem! We have the same number of total COVID-19-positive cases today as we did 18 days ago. Congratulations, Salem!
- No one died in NH during the 24-hour period covered by this report. The last no-death day was last Monday.
- NH has moved from declining cases to “steady.”
- VP Pence is now recommending wearing masks.
- Experts are now saying that wearing masks may protect those wearing a mask, in addition to those around the ones wearing a mask.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 31
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 30
- Children under 18 in new cases: 2
- Total positive cases in NH: 5,747
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 2.46
- Active cases: 968
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 16.8%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 5
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,470
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 82%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,221
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,310
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,191
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 111,583
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 267
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 18,980
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 532
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 11
- Total: 4,412
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 76.8%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 3 (per NH DHHS press release)
- Current: 37
- Total: 565
- Percentage of all confirmed cases that have been hospitalized: 9.83%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 6.5%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 0
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 367
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.4%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
See below for new charts!
And so, another weekend is over. I hope yours was a good one.
Next weekend will be a challenge for many. Independence Day is traditionally a day for gatherings – cookouts, BBQ’s, picnics, and gatherings with family and friends. And fireworks! But this is not a traditional year. The fireworks have been canceled, and experts are concerned that the explosions will be an increase in COVID-19 cases across the country as a result of celebrations without proper social distancing or masks. Can you stay strong? Start planning now to make it a safe holiday for all. I hope you can find a way to enjoy the holiday, but most of all, my wish is for you to stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: