COVID-19 Update September 6
- Total: 308 confirmed cases in Salem
- 1 out of every 96 Salem residents has been infected
- Salem Today: 3 new cases, 11 active cases
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT • • • • • •
- NH is reporting much better numbers today than yesterday, but Salem numbers have gone up. With three new cases today, Salem has seen six new cases in the past three days.
- NH DHHS has reported 29 new cases today, with a cumulative total of 23 new cases, after adjusting for errors in previous days’ reports.
- Of all of the communities that I’m tracking, Dover has the most new cases, with four new infections; Salem is second.
- NH reported 1,917 test results today. The positivity rate was 1.2%, more than 1/3 of what we saw yesterday.
- Total hospitalizations went up by one, with the number of people currently hospitalized going up by the same number.
- Sadly, another NH resident lost their life in the 24-hour period covered by this report, breaking the record of eight consecutive days with no COVID-19-related deaths.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 29
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 23
- Children under 18 in new cases: 3
- Total positive cases in NH: 7,447
- Percentage of today’s tests that are positive: 1.20%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,917
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,392
- New negative results reported today: 1,894
- Total negative cases in NH: 213,215
• • • • • Rockingham County • • • • • •
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,846
- New cases in Rockingham County: 9
- Rockingham County: New cases per 100K residents: 2.9
- Rockingham County 1-week average per 100K residents: 2.0
- Percent of all cases from Rockingham County: 24.8%
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 80%
• • • • • Active Cases • • • • • •
- Active cases in NH: 248
- Active cases in Rockingham County: 69
- Percent of NH’s active cases that are in Rockingham County: 27.8%
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 48
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 30,153
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 64
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 24
- Total Recovered: 6,766
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 90.9%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 1
- Current: 10
- Total Hospitalized: 718
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 9.64%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 1
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 1
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 433
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 5.81%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
As goes Salem, so goes the rest of the Southern tier of NH? That’s what we saw in April. Will Salem again be NH’s canary in the coal mine? It is a possibility. In the past three days, Manchester has added 18 new cases; Durham (UNH) has addd15. Dover is responsible for 8, and Salem has six. It’s too early to claim this is a new trend, but we should be aware of what is happening around us, and we should be watchful as we stay safe, and always, be kind.
Communities that had had more than 50 total cases, or communities that currently have more than 5 active cases. (September 4)
How our numbers have changed over time
- Rent or mortgage assistance because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- COVID-19 testing: https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-testing/
- Complications of COVID-19: https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-consequences/
- COVID-19 is not the flu. Here are the numbers: https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-pneumonia-flu/
- The Science Behind Masks: https://bonnie4salem.us/science-behind-masks/
- Unemployment resources: https://bonnie4salem.us/unemployed/
- Resources for Salem residents: https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
- Safer at Home guidance documents on the State’s website.
- Other COVID resources from NH DHHS on the State’s website.
- Other COVID resources: https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Sources used to create this report: