COVID-19 Update July 7
- Total: 275 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 107 residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 1 new case, 43 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- Salem has one new case today.
- Only 631 test results were returned in NH today. The daily average is 1,419 results for the last two weeks, and a daily average of 1,172 for the last week. The positivity rate is a low 2.85%. (The two-week daily average is 2.1%)
- Today, the US had 67,380 people who were confirmed with COVID-19. The average over the last week is 48,111.
- Massachusetts has now run more than 900,000 COVID-19 tests.
- The number of NH’s active cases is now under 800, for the first time since this data was made available.
- Manchester is now down to under 100 current cases. Only one community, Goffstown, has more than 100.
- Over 80% of all NH residents who have been infected are reported out as “recovered.”
- I realized I hadn’t updated the nursing home info for a while, and found a more recent report from the State, so that page has been updated. This evening, I heard from a friend/follower. Her Mom’s LTC facility, Warde Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Windham, has had a staff member diagnosed with COVID-19. I expect that will be reported soon.
- How much do your activities put you at risk? Here’s a great chart that explains it. For future reference, it has been added to my Resources article.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 19
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 18
- Children under 18 in new cases: 2
- Total positive cases in NH: 5,932
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 2.85%
- Active cases: 790
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 13.3%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 3 per DHHS, 4 by math.
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,499
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 82%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 631
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,172
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 631
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 122,579
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 54
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 20,509
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 208
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 22
- Total: 4,706
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 79.6%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 3
- Current: 24
- Total: 577
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 4.2%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 2
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 2
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 384
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.5%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
- If you are having trouble paying your rent or mortgage because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- Apply for the Self Employed Livelihood Fund (SELF) will be available starting Monday, July 6, 2020. – July 17, 2020. If you are self-employed, you may be eligible for this CARES Act grant, designed to help you recover some of your COVID-19 losses. Details are on the State’s website.
- Info about COVID-19 testing is compiled in one place on my website.
- Complications of COVID-19 Survivors of all ages can be found on my website.
- Help for Salem residents is on my website.
- A list of COVID-19 Resources can be found on my website.
- An update of nearby communities can be found here.
- Institutional Outbreaks as of June 18 on my website.
We are living in challenging times. Try to stay positive. Watch out for others; are your friends and family doing ok? If things get you down, don’t be afraid to ask for help: Call the #SuicideAwareness hotline at 1-800-273-8255. Stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
COVID-19 Deaths — It’s Different from the Flu
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: